Long overdue post but better late than never!
So finally, all our questions about Okiya Subara, Amuro and Akai have been answered.
I’ll give a brief summary on this latest arc and will list down the important points/revelations.
The arc started with Jodie-sensei talking to her friend Shibuya Natsuko about meeting up. As Natsuko is being stalked, she hired Amuro as her private detective. Natsuko got involved in an attempted murder, as the victim and got hospitalised, it was during the investigation when Amuro and the FBIs (Jodie, Camel) crossed paths.
1. Amuro – On Chapter 892, Conan whispered to him “You’re an enemy of the bad guys” which he replied “Zero.. I was called that as a kid”. On Chapter 893, Amuro’s denial made Conan think all about the things he had done (in the previous arcs) and Zero as explained by Conan is “The commonly used nickname for “The Organization That Doesnt Exist”.. whose purpose is to maintain safety and order in Japan.. The Secret Police”
2. Vermouth – It was then at the end for Chap 893 that Vermouth disguised as Jodie and approached Camel to ask if he didn’t tell Amuro anything about Kusuda Rikumichi. Thanks to Vermouth’s perfect disguise, Camel told that the didnt tell Amuro anything about Kusuda comitting suicide by shooting himself.
Chapter 894 – Vermouth and Amuro were discussing inside the car about Kusuda Rikumichi. Vermouth told that it’s impossible that Akai is still alive given the fact that the Police and FBI confirmed his death, along with the video taken during Akai’s shot. Amuro is still insisting that Akai is alive and he can find him in one day as he understood the trick.
Macademy Awards – Ran has been looking forward to watch the show as Yusaku Kudo have been nominated for Best Script.
The chapter ended when Amuro rang the bell of Shinichi’s house and was answered by Okiya.
Chapter 895 – Amuro wanted to talk to Okiya hence he invited himself in. Meanwhile, Jodie and Camel are on the way to Raiha Pass (where Akai was shot) to figure out something about Akai’s death.
1. Amuro – He just told Okiya about the mystery/trick of Akai’s (not mentioning Akai) death and throwing questions which Okiya responded accordingly. At the end of the chapter, he told Okiya that he is waiting for a call, as his companions will take care of Okiya’s “friends” – Jodie and Camel – and asked Okiya to take off the mask once the calls come in and he called him Akai Shuuchi.
2. Jodie and Camel – As they’re discussing, they realized the trick which Akai and Conan used during that time then suddenly Camel told that he will speed up as there are cars following them.
Chapter 896 – Jodie and Camel were blocked on the road but Camel’s driving skills made them escape. At Shinichi’s house, Okiya removed his face mask.
1. Okiya – As he was coughing he asked Amuro if he can put back his face mask on as to not to infect him. Amuro was insisting him to remove his disguise and not the face mask. *while this was happening, the Macademy Awards is playing on the background. Yuusaku won the Best Script Award* Amuro noticed the surveillance cameras in the house and asked him if there is someone watching them in another room (Yes, Its Conan duh!) He asked Amuro how similar this Akai Shuuichi to him so Amuro explained about the disguises, voice changer etc.
2. Akai – “Open the roof” was his first words. Jodie and Camel were so shocked to find Akai on the backseat of the car.
3. Amuro – His phone rang then. “Akai?!” he shouted.
Chapter 897 – Akai wants to put an end to the chase so he’s been instructing Camel on the steering wheel while pointing his gun to the cards behind them. When they finally lost sight of them, Akai told to turn back.
1. Amuro – He has been informed by his company on the phone that Akai fired a gun on them and hit their tire then crashed along with the other cards. Okiya then asked Amuro to not be so loud on the phone as the owner of the house is receiving an important award and is about to give speech.
2. Akai – They turned back to the chasers. He was talking to one guy and asked for a little trade. His gun which he fired for the guy’s mobile phone.
After the above’s conversation, Amuro asked the company to withdraw for now and apologized to Okiya for the misunderstanding. Meanwhile, Jodie asked Akai who were they and this is what Akai told “Our standpoints are different but fundamentally, they’re the same as us.. They’re wolves, trying to sink their teeth in them”
It was then revealed that Yuusaku disguised as Okiya. He went up to Conan and revealed/explained the trick they used to fool Amuro.
1. Yusaku to speak into the voice changer hidden in the mask
2. If Yusaku was asked to take the mask off or asked difficult question, he will cough twice as a signal and Conan will speak on his stead through the voice-changers.
3. If Yusaku wants to speak, he just have to clear his throat once.
Yukiko disguised as Yusaku in the Macedemy awards (haha!) Can’t help but to screenshot this! Ran’s comment too!! LOL
Chapter 898 – The last chapter for this arc! So, it was Yukiko who’s helping Akai on his Okiya disguise. Yukiko drops by every week to check on the disguise (that’s tough). Jodie and Camel were present and asked questions to Yukiko about how is she related to Akai, which Conan interrupted and told the story about Akai going to live in a rundown apartment which got burned so Conan suggested Yukiko-oba..onee-san’s house as not one is using it. When Yukiko left, Akai revealed that James Black knew all of this as he noticed Akai coated his finger with glue.. They then talked about Amuro, Akai didnt think that Amuro’s grudge against him is deeper. The bell rang and Conan answered it, his visitors are the Detective Boys which after complained about Professor Agasa’s quiz/trick.
Then a scene with Vermouth and Amuro came up, Vermouth told Amuro that she was right that Akai is dead and to stop doing this sort of things now. Amuro replied that he seemed that he jumped to conclusions but if something comes up again, Vermouth should lend him a hand:
“After all, im one of the few people who know your secret.. Im sure the other members would be quite surprised if they knew.. to think that you are the boss’s..” – Amuro to Vermouth.
Vermouth then pointed a gun to him. She withdrew the gun after Amuro told that if something were to happen to him, he already arranged for her secret to be revealed to the organization. Vermouth advised him then to stop doing as he please as Gin told that the organization is already infested with rats and wants to do something about it. Hondou, Akai and Scotch, member of Secret Police.
Back to Shinchi’s House, Akai told that he got a text from Mizunashi Rena (Kir) which says “RUM”. Akai already heard that name 2-3 times in the organization and it seems that RUM is very close to the boss. (Conan was eavesdropping)
So to make it clear:
1. AMURO TOORU – His real name is Furuya Rei and is a member of Secret Police (similar with the FBI)
2. OKIYA SUBARU – The real Akai Shuuchi. Finally revealed himself.
3. SCOTCH – Ex-black organization member. Member of Secret Police. Something happened between him, Amuro and Akai during their stay in the organization.
4. RUM – Newly introduced BO member.
There you have it, the Scarlet Arc! and it revealed so much!!
Please share your thoughts on this and/or on what’s gonna happen in the series.